The Matterhorn and more
The imposing mountains of Zermatt are truly awe-inspiring, but are not just for winter sports – they are easily accessible via the Gornergrat Bahn, even during the snowy winter months. The cog railway dependably climbs its way up into the high mountains every day. A 30-minute journey brings you to the Riffelberg station, just a short walk from the Riffelhaus. Another 15 minutes' walking will take you to the Gornergrat and the Kulmhotel.
Being close to the Matterhorn and feeling the power of the mountains is something that you should do more than once a year, and certainly at least once in your life!
We have put together the Gornergrat 360 experience package to allow you to see the mountain of mountains from very different angles.
A stay of 3 nights is included in the basic offer: 2 nights at the foot of the Matterhorn at an altitude of 1,600 metres above sea level in the Grand Hotel Zermatterhof, followed by a choice of 1 night in the Riffelhaus 1853, the highest four-star hotel in the Alps, situated at 2,500 metres above sea level and with fantastic views of the Matterhorn, or 1 night at the 3100 Kulmhotel Gornergrat at 3,100 metres above sea level, where you can almost reach out and touch the magnificent mountains, including the Matterhorn.
We would also be more than happy to put together your own personal package for you.
For example, you can extend your stay in the Grand Hotel Zermatterhof, the Riffelhaus 1853 or the 3100 Kulmhotel Gornergrat, or perhaps stay for 1 night in each of the three hotels (offer subject to availability and season).
Bookable December to April subject to minimum stays.
Price: 3-night stay from CHF 2790 for 2 person in a double room.
- A journey through time: Entry to the Matterhorn Museum Zermatlantis
- Transport to the Riffelberg or Gornergrat: Return transport to your chosen mountain hotel with the Gornergrat Bahn
- Transfers on your day of arrival and departure in our horse-drawn carriage or electric bus from the Zermatt railway station to the Zermatterhof and back to the Gornergrat Bahn valley station
- Welcome drink at the Zermatterhof and the mountain hotel of your choice
- Fresh fruit, mineral water and wine to welcome you upon arrival
- Generous breakfast buffet
- Wireless Internet in your room and in all public areas
Additional extras at the Zermatterhof
- Culinary pass
- Mineral water and soft drinks from the minibar at the Zermatterhof
- Kettle, Ronnefeldt tea service, Nespresso coffee machine and capsules
- Use of the spa, i.e. unlimited access to the pool, steam bath, saunas, ice grotto and gym
At the 3100 Kulmhotel Gornergrat:
- 4-course evening meal
At the Riffelhaus 1853:
- 4-course evening meal
- Complimentary soft drinks from the minibars on each floor
- Use of the spa centre: free access to the sauna, steam bath, outdoor whirlpool and relaxation room
Book Directly and Benefit
- Best price guarantee
- Welcome drinks
- Free late checkout upon availability
- Personal consultation prior arrival